Saturday, October 29, 2011

Crochet and Silhouettes



Crochet is seriously hard! I finally made something though... besides countless little flowers that I have no use for. I look so goofy in this picture, but you get the idea. I used THIS pattern (check it out so you can see what the head wrap is supposed to look like, and the girl on the site makes a much better model than me) and refered back to my Crochet School over and over again. Also... I kind of gave up on the pattern and did it my own way. Crochet patterns are all written in code! It's impossible to figure out.



But I'm still excited to move on to my next project, which is going to be a white head wrap, or maybe gray, because I really don't see myself ever wearing this bright blue. I just grabbed the color for practice. I tried to give this head wrap to one of my girls, who would look much cuter in such a bold color, but it was way too big.

And my quest to figure out Photoshop... well it took a back seat to crochet once I realized how involved crochet was. But I'm coming along slowly. I made these silhouettes of my kids. They need some touch up work before they are frame-able. I used THIS tutorial to learn how to make them, and once I had my husband come sit behind me and tell me what buttons to push, they came together pretty quickly.



Have a Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. You could hot glue gun the little flowers onto some hair clips :) I would love to find a crochet class, I make baby blankets and would love to learn to crochet around the edges for a different look.

    ReplyDelete