Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Summer Quilts

 
I made 2 quilts this summer. Both were from this line Happy Go Lucky by Thimble Blossoms, yes I love it that much!

 
The first quilt I'll show you is this whirly gig quilt in all the gorgeous blues, green sand greys from the line. This color way is what drew me to the fabric line in the first place. I LOVE pink, but really... it doesn't look good in my home. This is a quilt that matches the décor in our home and incidentally is my FAVORITE color scheme at the moment. Particularly that aqua and navy blue combo.
 
But before I could hang it prominently I had to break it in with a little nap :)  


 
I looks so bright and fresh hanging in our stairwell! This whirly gig pattern is so easy to make, which is why I chose it because most of my summer was spent working on quilt #2, a queen sized quilt for my moms brand new home! At the moment it's being bound but I can't wait to get it finished, not only because I LOVE it but also because I've been working on it for so long!

3 comments: